Overconsumption of added sugar is linked to type 2 diabetes, a disease affecting 26 million Americans.
Growing scientific evidence shows that too much added sugar, over time, is linked to diabetes, heart disease and liver disease.
Healthy Beverage Initiative
Learn more about how organizations are
eliminating the sale of sugar sweetened beverages.
Recent Blog Entries
- Compulsive About Sugar? Workplace Sugary Beverage Sales Ban Doesn’t Help Everyone Equally
- State Preemption: An Emerging Threat to Local Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Taxation
- Transnational corporations, obesity and planetary health
- Cost-Effectiveness Of A Workplace Ban On Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Sales
- City Visions: Are sugary drinks a public health hazard?