By Paula Adair,Gavin Browning,Jamie Rees,Jane Sheldon
Endorsed through WJEC
Ensure that each scholar develops the examining, writing and oracy talents they should fulfil their power with this confidence-boosting, skills-focused Student's e-book that features a wealthy financial institution of stimulus texts and innovative actions designed particularly for the recent WJEC specification in Wales.
- publications you and your scholars throughout the 2015 English language necessities, mapping the center content material thematically to help educating and learning
- permits scholars of all skill degrees to construct and improve their English language talents by way of operating via various developmental actions supported by means of extension initiatives to stretch excessive achievers
- contains a diversity of enticing literary and non-fiction texts that relief comprehension, motivate comparability and supply powerful versions for college kids' personal writing for various reasons and genres
- Prepares scholars for exam by means of offering quite a few possibilities to education the hot query forms and pattern pupil solutions that express truly how they can be improved
- bargains relied on, question-focused suggestion from an writer staff with vast educating and interpreting experience
Read or Download WJEC GCSE English Language Student Book PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Nineteenth-century French Realism makes a speciality of metropolitan France, with Paris as its undisputed middle. via Jennifer Yee's shut analyzing of the good novelists of the French realist and naturalist canon - Balzac, Flaubert, Zola, Maupassant - The Colonial Comedy unearths that the colonies play a task at a distance even within the such a lot it appears metropolitan texts.
Making the case that J. G. Ballard's fictional and non-fictional writings has to be learn in the framework of Surrealism, Jeannette Baxter argues for an intensive revisioning of Ballard that takes account of the political and moral dimensions of his paintings. Ballard's appropriation of various Surrealist aesthetic kinds and political writings, Baxter indicates, are mobilised to contest authentic narratives of postwar heritage and tradition and provide a sequence of counter-historical and counter-cultural opinions.
The 1st international conflict has given upward push to abundant and multifaceted literary and filmic creation like no different historic occasion. the amount surveys British literature and movie in regards to the adventure and reminiscence of that struggle from 1914 until eventually at the present time. It introduces style traditions and prerequisites of conflict writing, and it analyses the poetics and politics of literary and filmic reminiscence of the nice conflict, employing innovations from numerous theoretical traditions.
This publication argues that the heritage of English experiences is embedded in its lecture room perform, and its perform in its historical past. a few of its foundational struggles are nonetheless being lived out this day. English is characterised as a ‘boundary’ topic, lively in discussion throughout a few imagined borders, specifically these among educational and non-specialized readerships.
- Patricia A. McKillip and the Art of Fantasy World-Building: 60 (Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy)
- Narrative Theory: Core Concepts and Critical Debates (THEORY INTERPRETATION NARRATIV)
- The Plays of Girish Karnad: A Study in Myths and Gender
- Roald Dahl's Marvellous Medicine
- Salman Rushdie: An Anthology of 21st Century Criticism
Extra info for WJEC GCSE English Language Student Book
WJEC GCSE English Language Student Book by Paula Adair,Gavin Browning,Jamie Rees,Jane Sheldon