By Nhem Boraden
This booklet presents a entire but concise narrative of the background of the Khmer Rouge, from its inception through the Fifties via its eventual reintegration into Cambodian society in 1998.
• makes use of new interviews and archival files to evaluate how the Khmer Rouge got here to strength, difficult the traditional knowledge which holds that organizational energy propelled the Khmer Rouge to power
• offers new views at the functionality of the UNTAC in Cambodia, particularly concerning the way it handled Cambodian factions
• offers never-before-seen archival records, interviews, and lately declassified details and photographs in regards to the Win-Win coverage and the tip of the Khmer Rouge
• Underscores the trouble of strategic war in an unconventional clash the place the belligerents can't be pointed out by way of their uniforms
Read Online or Download The Khmer Rouge: Ideology, Militarism, and the Revolution that Consumed a Generation: Ideology, Militarism, and the Revolution That Consumed a Generation (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar asian history books
For the 1st time in one quantity, this ebook provides a few of the arguments within the Indo-Aryan controversy. It additionally offers a template for the fundamental concerns addressing 4 significant components: archaeological study, linguistic concerns, the translation of Vedic texts of their ancient contexts, and ideological roots.
In line with the full version of his works, this new quantity provides Gandhi's most crucial political writings prepared round the important subject matters of his political teachings: satyagraha (the energy of non-violence) and swaraj (freedom). Dennis Dalton's common creation and headnotes spotlight the lifetime of Gandhi, set the readings in ancient context, and supply perception into the conceptual framework of Gandhi's political idea.
Medical Essay from the yr 2015 within the topic background - Asia, collage Kebangsaan Malaysia, direction: heritage, language: English, summary: As Asia's so much complex nations within the box of corporation and will be likened to the international locations of Western Europe and the us, Japan has supplied major funding to Singapore.
Kashmir problem: Unholy Anglo-Pak Nexus, painstakingly researched and documented, offers an exhaustive research of the background of the difficulty from 1947 to 1971. The preliminary Chapters converse of the splendour of Hindu Kashmir, its superb contribution to the cultural integration of India in view that time immemorial; and the forcible conversion of the Hindu inhabitants to Islam ranging from the start of the fourteenth to the mid-nineteenth century in which time nine-tenths of the Hindus had develop into Muslims making Kashmir a Muslim majority nation.
- The Body and Military Masculinity in Late Qing and Early Republican China: The Art of Governing Soldiers
- Making a Market Economy: The Institutionalizational Transformation of a Freshwater Fishery in a Chinese Community (East Asia: History, Politics, Sociology and Culture)
- The Army and Vietnam
- Becoming Religious in a Secular Age
Extra resources for The Khmer Rouge: Ideology, Militarism, and the Revolution that Consumed a Generation: Ideology, Militarism, and the Revolution That Consumed a Generation (Praeger Security International)
The Khmer Rouge: Ideology, Militarism, and the Revolution that Consumed a Generation: Ideology, Militarism, and the Revolution That Consumed a Generation (Praeger Security International) by Nhem Boraden