By Harold Kaplan
Read Online or Download Poetry, Politics, and Culture: Argument in the Work of Eliot, Pound, Stevens, and Williams PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
Nineteenth-century French Realism makes a speciality of metropolitan France, with Paris as its undisputed middle. via Jennifer Yee's shut analyzing of the nice novelists of the French realist and naturalist canon - Balzac, Flaubert, Zola, Maupassant - The Colonial Comedy finds that the colonies play a job at a distance even within the so much it appears metropolitan texts.
Making the case that J. G. Ballard's fictional and non-fictional writings needs to be learn in the framework of Surrealism, Jeannette Baxter argues for an intensive revisioning of Ballard that takes account of the political and moral dimensions of his paintings. Ballard's appropriation of various Surrealist aesthetic varieties and political writings, Baxter indicates, are mobilised to contest professional narratives of postwar background and tradition and supply a chain of counter-historical and counter-cultural opinions.
The 1st global struggle has given upward push to ample and multifaceted literary and filmic construction like no different historic occasion. the amount surveys British literature and picture in regards to the event and reminiscence of that conflict from 1914 till this present day. It introduces style traditions and stipulations of battle writing, and it analyses the poetics and politics of literary and filmic reminiscence of the nice struggle, using techniques from numerous theoretical traditions.
This booklet argues that the background of English reports is embedded in its school room perform, and its perform in its background. a few of its foundational struggles are nonetheless being lived out at the present time. English is characterised as a ‘boundary’ topic, energetic in discussion throughout a few imagined borders, specially these among educational and non-specialized readerships.
- Notes on Three Days Before the Shooting by Ralph Ellison: Objective Art, Alchemical Cabala, Roman à Clef, Modern Civil Messiahs, Ancient Egypt, and Pseudo-Communism
- Poetic Conventions as Cognitive Fossils (Cognition and Poetics)
- Text Competence and Academic Multiliteracy: From Text Linguistics to Literacy Development (Europäische Studien zur Textlinguistik Book 16)
- Revolutionary Love in Eighteenth- and Early Nineteenth-Century France
- Imagining Sisterhood in Modern Chinese Texts, 1890–1937
- Charles Dickens's Great Expectations: A Cultural Life, 1860–2012 (Ashgate Studies in Publishing History: Manuscript, Print, Digital)
Additional resources for Poetry, Politics, and Culture: Argument in the Work of Eliot, Pound, Stevens, and Williams
Poetry, Politics, and Culture: Argument in the Work of Eliot, Pound, Stevens, and Williams by Harold Kaplan