By K. G. Swift,J. D. Booker
Manufacturing procedure choice Handbook provides engineers and architects with technique wisdom and the basic technological and price information to steer the choice of producing methods early within the product improvement cycle.
Building on content material from the authors’ past introductory Process choice guide, this accelerated instruction manual starts off with the demanding situations and merits of choosing production approaches within the layout part and applicable techniques for strategy choice. the majority of the e-book is then devoted to concise insurance of alternative production tactics, delivering a short reference consultant for simple comparability and trained determination making.
For each one approach tested, the publication considers key elements riding choice judgements, including:
- Basic technique descriptions with easy diagrams to illustrate
- Notes on fabric suitability
- Notes on on hand procedure variations
- Economic issues reminiscent of bills and construction rates
- Typical functions and product examples
- Notes on layout elements and caliber issues
Providing a brief and potent reference for the knowledgeable choice of production procedures with compatible features and services, Manufacturing technique Selection Handbook is meant to quick boost or refresh your adventure of choosing optimum approaches and costing layout possible choices within the context of concurrent engineering. it's an amazing reference for these operating in mechanical layout throughout various industries and a helpful studying source for complex scholars project layout modules and initiatives as a part of broader engineering courses.
- Provides production method details maps (PRIMAs) offer exact info at the features and services of sixty five techniques in a regular format
- Includes procedure potential charts detailing the processing tolerance levels for key fabric types
- Offers specified tools for estimating expenditures, either on the part and meeting level
Read or Download Manufacturing Process Selection Handbook PDF
Best manufacturing books
Keep an eye on approach strength and grounding is very likely the one most crucial point to make sure a keep an eye on process does not adventure unidentified "gremlins" all through its existence. the subject is acceptable to each regulate procedure area, together with programmable common sense controllers, technique keep an eye on platforms, robotics, imaginative and prescient structures, and so forth.
The unfavourable affects of carbon emissions from human actions proceed to dramatically reshape the environmental, political, and social panorama. those affects coupled with cap and alternate schemes iterate the significance and want to correctly degree and decrease greenhouse gasoline emissions. Carbon Footprint research: options, tools, Implementation, and Case stories offers up to date technical info and useful tips on measuring and lowering power and GHG emissions.
Your LEAN and suggest consultant to Lean Six Sigma able to enforce higher, swifter, more affordable, more-profitable techniques on your association? Lean Six Sigma Demystified, moment version, indicates you ways to exploit confirmed options for simplifying, streamlining, and optimizing company practices for max productiveness and profitability.
This publication showcases state-of-the-art study papers from the fifth foreign convention on examine into layout – the most important in India during this zone – written through eminent researchers from the world over on layout strategy, applied sciences, equipment and instruments, and their impression on innovation, for assisting layout throughout obstacles.
- Design for Manufacturability: How to Use Concurrent Engineering to Rapidly Develop Low-Cost, High-Quality Products for Lean Production
- Recycling Construction & Demolition Waste: A LEED-Based Toolkit (GreenSource) (McGraw-Hill's Greensource)
- Land Development Calculations: Interactive Tools and Techniques for Site Planning, Analysis, and Design: Interactive Tools and Techniques for Site Planning, Analysis, and Design
- Life Cycle Assessment: Theory and Practice
- Finite Element Analysis of the Collapse and Post-Collapse Behavior of Steel Pipes: Applications to the Oil Industry (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- Concurrent Engineering Techniques and Applications: Advances in Theory and Applications: 62 (Control and Dynamic Systems)
Additional resources for Manufacturing Process Selection Handbook
Manufacturing Process Selection Handbook by K. G. Swift,J. D. Booker