By Zara Kaiserimam,Ana de Castro
A concept-driven and assessment-focused method of Language and Literature instructing and learning.
- ways each one bankruptcy with statements of inquiry framed by way of key and similar innovations, set in a world context
- helps each element of review utilizing projects designed by means of an skilled MYP educator
- Differentiates and extends studying with examine initiatives and interdisciplinary opportunities
- Applies worldwide contexts in significant how one can provide an MYP Language and Literature programme with an internationally-minded perspective
Read Online or Download Language and Literature for the IB MYP 2 PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Nineteenth-century French Realism specializes in metropolitan France, with Paris as its undisputed center. via Jennifer Yee's shut studying of the good novelists of the French realist and naturalist canon - Balzac, Flaubert, Zola, Maupassant - The Colonial Comedy unearths that the colonies play a job at a distance even within the such a lot it sounds as if metropolitan texts.
Making the case that J. G. Ballard's fictional and non-fictional writings needs to be learn in the framework of Surrealism, Jeannette Baxter argues for an intensive revisioning of Ballard that takes account of the political and moral dimensions of his paintings. Ballard's appropriation of various Surrealist aesthetic kinds and political writings, Baxter indicates, are mobilised to contest legitimate narratives of postwar background and tradition and provide a chain of counter-historical and counter-cultural reviews.
The 1st international struggle has given upward thrust to abundant and multifaceted literary and filmic creation like no different old occasion. the amount surveys British literature and movie concerning the event and reminiscence of that battle from 1914 until eventually at the present time. It introduces style traditions and stipulations of warfare writing, and it analyses the poetics and politics of literary and filmic reminiscence of the nice battle, using thoughts from a variety of theoretical traditions.
This e-book argues that the background of English reviews is embedded in its lecture room perform, and its perform in its heritage. a few of its foundational struggles are nonetheless being lived out this present day. English is characterised as a ‘boundary’ topic, energetic in discussion throughout a few imagined borders, specially these among educational and non-specialized readerships.
- Richard Wright Writing America at Home and from Abroad
- Receptions of the Classics in the African Diaspora of the Hispanophone and Lusophone Worlds: Atlantis Otherwise (Black Diasporic Worlds: Origins and Evolutions from New World Slaving)
- Cults and Conspiracies
- Subject of the Event: Reagency in the American Novel after 2000
Extra resources for Language and Literature for the IB MYP 2
Language and Literature for the IB MYP 2 by Zara Kaiserimam,Ana de Castro