By Katarzyna Beilin,William Viestenz
• What are the various rhetorical ideas hired by means of writers, artists, filmmakers, and activists to react to the degradation of existence and weather change?
• How are city pursuits utilizing environmental concerns to withstand company privatization of the commons?
• what's the form of Spanish debates on reproductive rights and biotechnology?
• what's the symbolic value of the bullfighting debate and different human/animal concerns in brand new political turmoil in Spain?
Hispanic concerns Series
Nicholas Spadaccini, Editor-in-Chief
Hispanic concerns Online
Read Online or Download Ethics of Life: Contemporary Iberian Debates (Hispanic Issues) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Nineteenth-century French Realism specializes in metropolitan France, with Paris as its undisputed middle. via Jennifer Yee's shut interpreting of the good novelists of the French realist and naturalist canon - Balzac, Flaubert, Zola, Maupassant - The Colonial Comedy finds that the colonies play a job at a distance even within the so much it sounds as if metropolitan texts.
Making the case that J. G. Ballard's fictional and non-fictional writings has to be learn in the framework of Surrealism, Jeannette Baxter argues for a thorough revisioning of Ballard that takes account of the political and moral dimensions of his paintings. Ballard's appropriation of various Surrealist aesthetic types and political writings, Baxter indicates, are mobilised to contest respectable narratives of postwar historical past and tradition and provide a sequence of counter-historical and counter-cultural reviews.
The 1st global conflict has given upward push to abundant and multifaceted literary and filmic creation like no different historic occasion. the amount surveys British literature and picture concerning the event and reminiscence of that warfare from 1914 until eventually this present day. It introduces style traditions and prerequisites of warfare writing, and it analyses the poetics and politics of literary and filmic reminiscence of the good struggle, utilising techniques from a number of theoretical traditions.
This e-book argues that the historical past of English stories is embedded in its school room perform, and its perform in its heritage. a few of its foundational struggles are nonetheless being lived out at the present time. English is characterised as a ‘boundary’ topic, lively in discussion throughout a few imagined borders, in particular these among educational and non-specialized readerships.
- The Shamanic Odyssey: Homer, Tolkien, and the Visionary Experience
- The Age of Lovecraft
- In Gogol's Shadow (Russian Library)
- Irish Women's Writing, 1878-1922: Advancing the Cause of Liberty
- Literature and Identity in Italian Baroque Travel Writing
- Major Short Stories of D.H. Lawrence: A Handbook (Garland Reference Library of the Humanities)
Additional info for Ethics of Life: Contemporary Iberian Debates (Hispanic Issues)
Ethics of Life: Contemporary Iberian Debates (Hispanic Issues) by Katarzyna Beilin,William Viestenz