By Hannah Lütkenhaus
Read or Download Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in the Media PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Nineteenth-century French Realism makes a speciality of metropolitan France, with Paris as its undisputed middle. via Jennifer Yee's shut interpreting of the nice novelists of the French realist and naturalist canon - Balzac, Flaubert, Zola, Maupassant - The Colonial Comedy unearths that the colonies play a task at a distance even within the so much it seems that metropolitan texts.
Making the case that J. G. Ballard's fictional and non-fictional writings needs to be learn in the framework of Surrealism, Jeannette Baxter argues for a thorough revisioning of Ballard that takes account of the political and moral dimensions of his paintings. Ballard's appropriation of various Surrealist aesthetic types and political writings, Baxter indicates, are mobilised to contest respectable narratives of postwar historical past and tradition and supply a chain of counter-historical and counter-cultural evaluations.
The 1st global warfare has given upward push to abundant and multifaceted literary and filmic creation like no different old occasion. the quantity surveys British literature and movie concerning the event and reminiscence of that battle from 1914 until eventually at the present time. It introduces style traditions and stipulations of conflict writing, and it analyses the poetics and politics of literary and filmic reminiscence of the good warfare, making use of ideas from quite a few theoretical traditions.
This ebook argues that the heritage of English stories is embedded in its school room perform, and its perform in its heritage. a few of its foundational struggles are nonetheless being lived out this day. English is characterised as a ‘boundary’ topic, energetic in discussion throughout a couple of imagined borders, particularly these among educational and non-specialized readerships.
- How Shakespeare Became Colonial: Editorial Tradition and the British Empire
- A New Historicist Reading of the Orientalist Autobiography "The English Woman in Egypt" by Sophia Lane
- Gao Xingjian: Aesthetics and Creation
- Masterworks of Asian Literature in Comparative Perspective: A Guide for Teaching: A Guide for Teaching (Columbia Project on Asia in the Core Curriculum)
- Lazarillo de Tormes (International Student Edition) (Norton Critical Editions)
- Seducing the Eighteenth-Century French Reader: Reading, Writing, and the Question of Pleasure
Additional info for Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in the Media
Chaucer's Canterbury Tales in the Media by Hannah Lütkenhaus