By Paul Hurley
Read Online or Download Beyond Consequentialism PDF
Similar consciousness & thought books
What does it suggest for emotion to be well-constituted? What distinguishes solid feeling from (just) feeling strong? Is there the sort of contrast in any respect? the reply to those questions turns into clearer if we notice that for an emotion to be all it sort of feels, it has to be accountable in addition to aware of what it's approximately.
The idea of motion underlying Immanuel Kant's moral thought is the topic of this booklet. What 'maxims' are, and the way we act on maxims, are defined the following in gentle of either the ancient context of Kant's suggestion, and his school room lectures on psychology and ethics. Arguing opposed to the present of a lot fresh scholarship, Richard McCarty makes a powerful case for examining Kant as having embraced mental determinism, a model of the 'belief-desire version' ofhuman motivation, and a literal, 'two-worlds' metaphysics.
Comedy, heavily presents a philosophical interpretation of comedy and argues that comedy screens a selected form of rationality that displays philosophical pondering. particularly, that comedy is outlined no longer lots by means of laughter or jokes, yet really the constitution of its plot, that's isomorphic with that of the philosophical argument.
Neil Levy offers an unique idea of freedom and accountability. Cognitive neuroscience and psychology supply loads of proof that our activities are frequently formed through details of which we're not awake; a few psychologists have concluded that we're truly aware of only a few of the proof we reply to.
- Theory and Practice: Nomos XXXVII (NOMOS - American Society for Political and Legal Philosophy)
- The Family, Medical Decision-Making, and Biotechnology: Critical Reflections on Asian Moral Perspectives: 91 (Philosophy and Medicine)
- The Wild Longing of the Human Heart: The Search for Happiness and Something More
- Science, Culture, and Free Spirits: A Study of Nietzsche's Human, All Too Human
- Revival: Self-Identity and Personal Autonomy (2001): An Analytical Anthropology (Routledge Revivals)
- What Am I? A Study in Non-Volitional Living
Extra info for Beyond Consequentialism
Beyond Consequentialism by Paul Hurley